Volunteer with Whisker City
Here are just a few of the benefits of volunteering:
- Be part of the solution. You'll join a network of hundreds of
thousands of people working to make the world safe and more humane
for all living creatures. You'll make the jobs of everyone working
for animals a little easier by lending a hand and spreading the
message of responsible pet ownership.
- Get warm fuzzies. You'll never find a more grateful and accepting
comrade than an animal you have comforted. Who can't use another
loyal support in life?
- Keep good company. You'll make lots of new friends-and not just
the four-legged kind. Working side by side with people who share
similar interests can forge lifelong friendships.
- Meet the new you. You'll discover skills you never knew you
had, and you may be surprised at what you're capable of achieving.
- Gain a new career. You'll learn things that may lead you to
the career-or career change-of your dreams. Employers and college
admissions officers look favorably on time spent in volunteer
- Enjoy a wagging tail, a purr, and a smile. Didn't someone once
say that the best things in life are free?
Give a little bit.
- Give a little bit. Donate food, old blankets, towels, or other
needed supplies. Contribute to one of its special programs.
- Lend a hand. Volunteer your time. Bathe and groom the cats.
Stuff envelopes for a mailing. Help publicize an event.
- Find that special someone. Choose your next pet from your Whisker
City, which has many wonderful cats, in different shapes and
sizes, just waiting for a permanent, loving home.
- Help spread the word. Tell your friends about your shelter's
services. Promote animal safety and responsible pet ownership.
Celebrate with us by attending fund-raising events.
- Be a responsible pet owner. Keep current identification on your
cat at all times. Spay or neuter your cat. Always keep your cat
properly confined or supervised. In addition to the basics-food,
water, shelter, and veterinary care-give your cat lots of love
- Vote for the animals. Support legislation to protect animals.
Contact government officials and urge them to support pro-animal
- Be a hero. Report animal cruelty and neglect as well as injured
or stray animals. You may prevent suffering and even save a life.
- Teach your children well. Instruct children in how to care for
animals properly and how to treat them with kindness. Set an
example by doing the same.
Just download the volunteer
application and fill it out. You
can mail it to Whisker City, 1620 North 183rd St., Shoreline, Wa. 98133 or bring it to the WOW bus when
it is out on one of it's appearances. See the schedule
Donate by phone:
Donate by mail:
1620 North 183rd St.,
Shoreline, Wa. 98133